Box Office Hours are
Monday – Friday 10 AM – 2 PM
One hour before shows start
Closed major holidays
Ticket ages: Adult 16 & older, Youth 5-15. See the Youth, Toddler & Infant Attendance tab on the FAQ page for more information.
3 Ways to Order:
In person, on the phone, online (fees applied)
Box Office is located inside the Lakeside Playhouse at 356 West Center Av, Sebring, FL 33875
Call 863-382-2525 to order by phone
Payment can be made
In person – cash, check, Visa, American Express, MasterCard or Discover
By phone – Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover
Online through website – Visa, MasterCard, or American Express
Lakeside Playhouse Seating Chart:
Seating chart can be found by clicking Buy Tickets and selecting a date.
Buy 20 or more seats for the same event date and receive $2 off per ticket. Purchase must be made as one transaction. Contact the Box Office at 863-382-2525 for group sales.
Gift Certificates must be purchased from the Box Office either in person or by phone. Gift Certificates are not available online.
Gift Certificates are available any time of the year, and can be made for any amount. We recommend that price of the tickets be considered when determining the amount of the certificate.
For an additional $1 fee, we will mail the Gift Certificate to you or the recipient.
Gift Certificates must be presented in person for redemption. We cannot redeem them by phone or online.
For over 42 years, our volunteers have produced award winning theatre in the Florida heartland. During the day volunteers help with almost all aspects of theatre management. Like many non-profit organizations, we have a small staff with a great deal of responsibility. We’re always looking for people who have a willingness to help. There are a lot of things that need to get done, but our volunteers have fun and share in the unique experience of bringing live theatrical entertainment to the community.
Membership is another way our volunteers give to support HLT and its mission. Membership dues help us offset costs associated with maintaining a top notch theatre, including, but not limited to, insurance, supplies, building maintenance and repairs. We offer a range of benefits to our members in exchange for their contribution Memberships.
PERKS FOR HLT MEMBERS
- Support Arts and Culture in Highlands County
- Discount on drinks in Anthony’s Lounge – restrictions apply
- Discounted HLT facilities rental rates, subject to availability
- All paid members are eligible to run for office and vote in HLT elections, subject to HLT policies
- Access to the Membership list which would provide limited contact information, as agreed to, and supplied by, each member who chooses to be listed
- Membership decal beginning 2020
- Eligibility to vote for Zenon awards if see all five mainstage shows, either at preview or regular performance, must sign at start of season
- $2.00 off coupon to one HLT mainstage shows, beginning 2020
- All paid members are eligible for nominations for Zenon Awards
- Members may come to preview show and bring on guest for $5.00. Volunteers only may attend the preview, but not bring a guest.
From the earliest musical programs of the pioneer residents to the present day Highlands Lakeside Theatre, Sebring has always had a heart for the stage. Theatrical groups such as Mrs. Hatton’s “Little Theatre” in the 1930s and the “Ridge Theatre Guild” in the late fifties to mid sixties kept the theatrical spirit very much alive.
Highlands Little Theatre was organized in 1974 and offered their first production in July of that same year. For the next eight seasons they continued to grow and perform in various locations such as schools, college campuses and the Civic Center.
During those same eight years they formed, carried, and brought to life their dream of having their own theatre home. This dream was realized in August 1982 when they offered their first performance in their new home, the Lakeside Playhouse, where they still perform today.
Improvements continued to be made and in April 2005 a second building, the Drs. Thakkar Pavilion, was dedicated and put into use as a meeting and rehearsal space. In February 2011,after the addition of a stage, control booth and seating, the McCollum Stage inside the Drs. Thakkar Pavilion was dedicated and used for several events. This additional stage allows HLT to offer a larger variety of performances.
In 2019, the name Highlands Lakeside Theatre was adopted as the organization’s business name to differentiate it from other performance venues and to honor the group’s growth. While still incorporated as Highlands Little Theatre, Inc., it will forthwith be commonly known as Highlands Lakeside Theatre.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of Highlands Lakeside Theatre is to provide a venue for community participation in live theatrical production, thereby enhancing the quality of cultural arts in the Highlands County, Florida area.
If you would like to rent Facilities, Space, Costumes or Props. Please contact us at The Highlands Lakeside Theatre.
Highlands Lakeside Theatre
P.O. Box 691
Sebring, FL 33871-0691
Degree Seeking scholarships are awarded to eligible HLT members to be used for tuition and/or fees for classes, workshops, or seminars in performing/fine arts.
Continuing Education scholarships are awarded to eligible HLT members to be used for registration in classes, workshops, seminars, conferences and conventions for the benefit of the organization.
These include, but are not limited to, opportunities offered by Florida Theatre Conference, Southeastern Theatre Conference, and the American Association of Community Theatre.
- Each applicant must be a paid member of Highlands LakesideTheatre for a minimum of six months prior to the application.
- Each applicant reapplying for scholarship funds must be a paid member of Highlands LakesideTheatre for a minimum of six months prior to the application, with a minimum GPA of 2.5. (All applications will provide room for comments if GPA is lower than 2.5)
- Each applicant must fully complete and submit, on a timely basis, a Highlands Little Theatre Scholarship Application. See policy for quarterly deadlines.
- Call 863-385-2175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get an application.